Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 7

I have been excited to write this post since I decided to embark on this journey of 30 days of thankfulness. 
Today is mine and Jordan's 3 year anniversary! 

(yes, this is a terrible picture of me)

3 years ago, I had the biggest crush on Jordan. I knew him from being on LSHS cross country together. I still remember hugging him for the first time at the Conference race and having a stomach full of butterflies. I remember watching him run at Sectionals to qualify for State and running over to him to congratulate him with a big hug! I remember traveling to the State meet and hoping that Coach Jansen would let him and one of the other guys come shopping with us at the mall and hang out, but he didn't let them. I remember coming back to the hotel that night and having everyone in the guys' room to watch the Bourne Supremacy movie. I remember sitting next to Jordan during the movie and having our hands brush together and getting butterflies. I remember putting my phone number in his phone and telling him to text me on his way home after the race. I remember having to miss his State race because it was delayed for a really long time and I was riding home with someone else who was ready to leave. I remember walking to the car and hearing the gun go off and being so sick that I was missing it. And.. I remember him texting me an hour or two later and texting nonstop the rest of that weekend.

It didn't take long for me to realize that I was head-over-heels for Jordan. The first few months of our relationship were rocky, as he was only 15 and I was 17 at the time. Then he turned 16 in March and things got quite a bit easier. It was a fun ride getting to know each other and falling in love. 

When I look back, I can't believe how young we were. We were just kids, but I knew that I loved him. He is my best friend, and I can honestly say I don't know where I would be today if it weren't for him. He has inspired me to be a better person, to be a better Christian, and to be confident in who I am. 

I am so unbelievably thankful that Jordan is in my life. He is an incredible man with a wonderful heart. I know that God sent Jordan to my for a reason, and I thank Him for that every single day.

I am so thankful that we got promised last year. These past three years have been some of the best of my life, and I look forward to many, many more years together. We have had many great adventures together, and I know that we will have so many more, and I am excited to share those with you!








































To my sweetheart- I love you. Thank you for being mine :) Happy Anniversary! 

LJM


No comments:

Post a Comment