Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 12

In honor of the Chiefs game (which is currently being played in overtime as I write this), I would like to express my thankfulness on day 12 for my home teams- the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals.

Okay, okay... I know what you're thinking- they stink! But they are my teams. I was born in KC, I have lived in KC my entire life, and I plan on going back to KC to raise my family someday. 

Being a die-hard fan of such unsuccessful teams makes me appreciate their wins even more. Even though the Chiefs lost tonight, I will still really proud of how they played. Still frustrated, of course, but it was nice to see them actually come together and play a competitive game. I wish it hadn't ended the way it did, but hey, what can you do. 

As a little girl, my dad made absolutely sure that I learned how to throw a perfect spiral (probably by age 8). It was something he had taught my sister and something he taught me. One of our favorite things to do as the three of us is just throw a football in the water (yes, we are all water-bugs, too!). 
I was always proud of being able to out-throw the boys my age (sometimes I still can!), so thanks for that, Dad!

On that note, along with learning how to throw a football, my dad instilled some major pride in our KC teams. Though he may get frustrated and turn off the TV at halftime during a pathetic game, we will always be KC fans. We will always have hope in our teams and we will remain faithful fans through the (very) long streak of unsuccessfulness, all the way to the Superbowl or World Series (which will happen soon- I'm sure of it!). 

No matter what, I will proudly represent my KC teams with my red & yellow or my blue & white. I am thankful that I get to enjoy the stadiums (well, not really Arrowhead because it's so darn expensive- but on occasion I have!) and engage in heated conversations with other faithful KC fans like myself. 

Even if some games make me want to cry, there are still those few that make me jump up and down cheering until I lose my voice, and for that, I am thankful.







(David Cook performing after winning American Idol)




(that is me and Dexter McCluster, if you didn't know)




I hope you all survived your Monday. I don't know about you, but I am counting down the days to Thanksgiving! Can't wait!


LJM

No comments:

Post a Comment